Raleigh International is committed to ensuring that all our programmes are accessible to young people from a range of backgrounds. We welcome application from all young people who might otherwise find it difficult to raise the full fundraising target for Expedition or Re:Green UK. If your household income is £23,000 or under you could be eligible for our Bursary Fund.
Raleigh International programmes offer a volunteer experience that you will never forget. You’ll build memories and develop leadership and teamwork skills to apply to your future career and personal life.
The Expedition Bursary Fund
You will be asked to fundraise £800 towards the programme and Raleigh International will cover the remaining fundraising costs, plus your travel, visa and vaccination costs. Please see the guide for more information.
Raleigh Expedition brings young people together from all over the world to impact change for the communities you will work with, environmental change, and change in yourself.
During the Expedition you will meet new people, become part of the local community and learn first-hand about local culture. We ensure that communities have the skills and knowledge to continue work done together after you leave.
The Re:Green Bursary Fund
You will be asked to fundraise £150 or £295 towards the programme and Raleigh International will cover the remaining fundraising costs.
Re:Green brings young people together from all over the UK to impact environmental change, and change in yourself.
Find out more information about Re:Green
This opportunity is for you if:
- You are aged between 18 to 24 (when you are on the programme with us)
- You live in a household earning £23,000 or less
- You are a UK national, currently residing in the UK, OR can prove 2 years of residence in the UK – and have a right to live, work or study in the UK
- You are enthusiastic about fundraising (but would find fundraising a challenge).
- You are passionate about Raleigh International and understand how Expedition or Re:Green could develop your skills
- You are ready to spend the programme duration away from home in a remote environment
- You will follow Raleigh International’s Expedition or Re:Green Code of Conduct
This bursary support is not for you if:
- you do not match the criteria above
- you have undertaken international volunteering or study, independent overseas travel before (Expedition only)
If more applications are received than bursary places available, offers will be given according to the following criteria, to those who:
- benefited from free school meals at secondary school
- attended state secondary school
- are the first in family to attend or plan to attend university
- match donor trusts/ foundations geographical preference
Successful applicants will be required to attend a Bursary Application Event online or be invited to a telephone interview.
How to apply
Before applying, please check the following three steps.
Step 1 – Check your eligibility
Before you sign up, read our Expedition or Re:Green Terms and Conditions so there are no surprises when you get started.
Step 2 – Check it’s safe for you to take part
We are well equipped to support volunteers with different medical needs and requirements. However, before applying please read our Expedition or Re:Green medical form to check if we can support your needs. You do not need to complete this form until you have applied for the programme. If you have a concern or question about your ability to take part in an Expedition, contact our Medical team for a confidential chat on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 207 183 1291.
Step 3 – Check that volunteering with Raleigh International is for you
Raleigh International operates a no alcohol and no drugs policy on all our programmes. To understand why we do this, we ask you to read our Expedition or Re:Green Code of Conduct in full before applying.
Step 4 – Complete the Eligibility Form
Please complete the Expedition or Re:Green Eligibility Form. Once we receive this, we will be in touch with the next steps of the application process. Bursary Applications are now closed.
Need additional help or have a question?
If you have any additional needs or disabilities that require reasonable adjustment to the application process or if you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.