As a charity we talk about fundraising rather than costs, and we encourage everyone to do some fundraising for their Expedition.
Expeditions are much more than what is achieved in 8, 11 or 13 weeks. They are about empowering young people and creating lasting change.
Expedition fundraising targets
|13 week Expedition||$3950|
|13 week Expedition beginning in June||$3200|
|11 week Expedition beginning in June (Tanzania and Costa Rica)||$3,125|
|8 week Expedition beginning in June (Nepal)||$3,050|
Your costs are not fully covered by your fundraising. All volunteer managers are being subsidised to take part.
Our Medic and Adventure Project Manager roles require specialist knowledge and skills so additional bursaries are available for these roles. For further information please email email@example.com
Interested in where our money goes? Find out how Raleigh spends its funds.
With Raleigh there are no hidden or extra costs. We include much more than other providers because over the last 30 years we have learnt that a high-quality programme, including safety, in-country support, and working with communities as real partners has better outcomes for all of us.
- All food and accommodation throughout your Expedition.
- Airport welcome and all transfers to and from the airport in your destination country.
- Premium, tailored travel and health insurance.
- Leading safety expertise supported by our British standard 8848 safety accreditation.
- All in-country transport costs to project and trekking locations.
- In-country Director and staff team, including medics, providing 24 hour support, planning and in-country partnerships with Government, INGO’s and local project partners.
- UK operations team providing planning, medical, safety and security support with 24-hour back up to country offices.
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and support.
- All necessary project training by experienced staff.
- All project equipment, supplies and tools.
- Project evaluations and impact reporting against the sustainable goals framework.
- Post-Expedition alumni membership, services and discounts.
What’s not included?
- Personal belongings (for example rucksack, walking boots, sleeping bag etc.)
Want some inspiration?
Take Keith for instance – Keith is a roofer and very good at climbing up ladders. He took this talent as inspiration for his fundraising and climbed up and down a ladder for 24 hours! He beat the world record by climbing 13,120 metres which is higher than Mount Everest.
We don’t expect everyone to do things quite as ambitious or crazy as Keith (sorry Keith). Sometimes the simple ideas are the best. Bake sales, car boots, and quizzes are all a great way to start. Or perhaps you’ve been looking for a reason to achieve something new or do something challenging…do a marathon (or half), get fit, explore an old talent or take up that hobby you’ve never had time for? We recommend getting creative and making the most of your talents.
First things first, set up a JustGiving page where your friends, colleagues and family can send donations. Then start sharing it with people however you can to help spread the word.
Get in touch with us if you need any support or inspiration for your fundraising. Our head office staff will be happy to help.
Don’t worry, you don’t have to raise your full costs through fundraising. You can also top up the amount you fundraise with your own savings too.